Class Food Assignments
Certification Packet Forms
Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Level One
Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Level 1/Advanced Study
YOGA SANTA FE
September - May
This KRI Level 1 International Teacher Training Program in Kundalini Yoga, as taught by Yogi Bhajan, is designed for:
The vision of the Aquarian Teacher Training programs
- Students of Kundalini Yoga
- Students of other schools of yoga
- Students of ALL LEVELS
- Teachers of all forms of yoga
- Anyone seeking to deepen their yoga experience
is to teach students of Kundalini Yoga who demonstrate awareness in consciousness and excellence in teaching skills and who serve as an example of depth and maturity of a teacher of consciousness. Under the direct guidance of Yogi Bhajan, KRI (Kundalini Research Institute) in 1996 created a training program whose core process begins here- with the foundations and awakening in Aquarian Teacher Training.
“He wanted to give each of us a chance to be a realized, content human being, capable of happiness, excellence and fulfillment in the Aquarian Age- to give peace a chance and to give God a chance in every heart.”
-Gurucharan Singh Khalsa, KRI Director of Training
Stages of Yoga Teacher Training -
Aquarian Teacher Training
- Level 1 Foundations and Awakening (This Program!)
- This stage includes the fundamental understanding and experience that the basic self is always one with the ONE (Ek Ong Kar); understanding of the essential parts and character of a human being; and the fundamental principles and practices of Kundalini Yoga as Taught by Yogi Bhajan. Completing this stage makes you a certified instructor of Kundalini Yoga.
- Aquarian Teacher Training Level 2 - Transformation
- Completing this stage makes you a certified practitioner of Kundalini Yoga. Level 2 is completed in 5 modules. The modules can be taken in any order and must be taken over a minimum of 2 years. Yoga Santa Fe offers one Level 2 module per year.
- Aquarian Teacher Training Level 3 - Realization
- Completing this stage of training makes you an acknowledged and certified teacher of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
Benefits of the Level One Course
- Gain a solid understanding of the powerful technology of Kundalini Yoga
- Develop a spiritual discipline (Sadhana) to live a life of higher consciousness
- Connect deeply to your soul and transform your life
- Confront self-imposed limits and free your vast potential
- Challenge yourself and uncover hidden strengths
- Discover the knowledge, awareness, and confidence to create a more peaceful and
- Experience a yogic lifestyle that elevates and enlightens
- Learn in a supportive, yogic community
- Uplift yourself and others
- Cultivate the skills, confidence and consciousness to become a Teacher of Kundalini Yoga in life and/or on the bench
Fridays 2-6 Saturdays 8-6 Sundays * 7:30-1 Breaks provided
Lunch break on Saturday is from 12:30 till 1:30
*Sadhana is offered at Yoga Santa Fe every Sunday (5:00-7:30 a.m.) and Wednesday (5:30-7:30 a.m.)
Saturday lunch will be an organized potluck community meal. You are responsible to provide a dish and serving utensils. Tea, water, and reusable plates/utensils will be provided throughout the weekends. You may want to plan to bring other snacks as necessary.
- Attend all course hours (180)
- Receive a passing grade on the take home exam
- Submit all required homework assignments
- Complete 20 Kundalini Yoga Classes (not included in program cost)
- Perform satisfactorily in the practicum
- Create two acceptable yoga course curricula
- Complete 40-day yoga set/meditation
- Participate in at least 5 sadhanas
- Participate in one day of White Tantric Yoga (not included in program cost)
- Read, understand, and sign the Code of Professional Excellence for Kundalini
- Submit complete and timely payment for course
- This program also meets the standards for the 200- hour Yoga Teacher
Certification Set by Yoga Alliance, a national alliance of diverse yoga organizations
Students should plan to participate in all
classes. Those pursuing certification may miss
a MAXIMUM of one weekend of the course
and must complete specified makeup work.
Make-up assignments may include reading,
additional yoga class hours, and seva and/or
watching a DVD, students need to make
arrangements with a lead trainer prior to
missing class time.
Included in the Course
- A one-year Associate Membership in IKYTA
- A team of Senior KRI Teacher Trainers
- A well-organized Aquarian Teacher Textbook
- Aquarian Teacher Yoga Manual
- Copy of The Masters Touch
Not Included in Program Cost & Required for Certification
- White Tantric Yoga
- For certification teacher trainees must complete one day of White Tantric Yoga while you are enrolled in the Teacher Training Course. You can take the White Tantric Yoga anywhere in the world. This must be completed within 12 months of the course end date.
- 20 Kundalini Yoga Classes
- Within the 9 months of training, certification students are also required to take 20 Kundalini Yoga classes from a certified Kundalini Yoga instructor.
- Kirn Khalsa has taught Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan since 1979. She is a Yogic Energy Healer, writer, musician, mother and co-director of Yoga Santa Fe in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Guruchander Khalsa, D.C. has taught Kundalini Yoga since 1973. He taught Kundalini Yoga to Olympic athletes at SMU in Dallas, Texas from 1973-1976. He has written two books on Numerology as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
Registration and Payment
Paid in full
: $2995 Payment Plan: $3195.00
$1000 by 9/26/2014
8 monthly Auto-deducted payments of $275
Full time student and over 65 discount: $2696.00
3 ways to Register:
Refund/ Cancellation Policy
You may withdraw from the program at any time, however refunds will only be given as detailed below:
Paid in Full
- Before 9/30/2016: All monies refunded minus $250 processing fee.
- Until 10/28/2016: monies refunded minus $1500 processing fee
- After 10/30/2016: No refunds.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I don’t have much experience of knowledge about Kundalini yoga- I don’t have a regular yoga practice and I am not very flexible. Can I participate in Teacher Training?
- YES! This is the best place for gaining knowledge and experience with Kundalini Yoga. Previous experience in Kundalini Yoga classes may be helpful but is by no means a pre-requisite. Teacher Training/Advanced Study can be a mentally and physically challenging experience but the teachers and staff will be here to offer support as you go through the process.
- How do I know if I am ready to start?
- If you’re showing up to ask the questions- YOU ARE! The teacher-training course starts with all the basics you need to know as both a student and a teacher. The only requirement is the ability to commit to yourself and a practice.
- I’m not sure if I want to be a teacher. Can I still take the course?
- Many students pursue teacher training because they love Kundalini yoga and want to learn more. This program is BOTH Advanced Study AND Teacher Training. It is a wonderful way to deepen your practice of Kundalini Yoga and take it to a new level. You get to immerse yourself in a structured learning experience that will serve you well whether you choose to teach or not.
- Who was Yogi Bhajan?
- Yogi Bhajan was a master of Kundalini Yoga who came to the West in 1968 because he saw how this technology could help people in the United States. Kundalini Yoga had not been taught publicly before Yogi Bhajan arrived! Since then, he has freely shared the teachings of this sacred science with all who have wished to transform themselves and help others. He often said that his mission was not to collect students, but to train teachers.
- What sort of recognition or certification will I receive upon completing the program?
- Through this program you will gain the credentials and experience to teach others professionally.
- You will receive a certificate of completion from the Kundalini Research Institute
- You will be a member of the International Kundalini Yoga teachers Association
- You will qualify to apply to be a Yoga Alliance 220 hour RYT
- Do I need to complete all of the course homework if I am not pursuing certification?
- If you are not planning to become certified, you do not have to complete the outside assignments- including White Tantric Yoga (though we still recommend it)
- What is the course schedule like?
- We meet one weekend a month from September - May
Course times are:
- Fridays 2-6
- Saturdays 8-6
- Sundays 7:30 - 1
- Aquarian Sadhana will be offered weekly at Yoga Santa Fe on Wednesdays (5:30-7:30 a.m.) and Sundays (5:00-7:30 a.m.).
- Each monthly session focuses on a specific area of yoga practice, experience, and knowledge that is essential for every committed student and teacher of yoga. The weekends will include: yoga classes, meditations, lectures, videos, discussion, personal processes, etc.
- What if I have to miss a class or cannot take all the classes?
- Nearly everyone misses a class at some time. If you cannot attend a class, you will be allowed to make up a missed class with other assignments and training that is part of the teacher-training program. All absences must be pre-approved by the lead trainer.
- What do I bring to class?
- Bring what you need to feel cozy- a mat, a cushion, a blanket
- Head coverings are suggested for longer meditation periods.
- Notebook and a pen to take notes
- You will be able to take short breaks and/or a lunch break
depending on the length of your day. You may want to bring food to eat during those breaks. We will arrange to have potluck meals on Saturdays.
- Bring a water bottle and water - you will want to stay hydrated throughout the day. Also bring a covered mug for hot beverages - we’ll have nice hot tea and purified water to refresh you.
- Will we be doing yoga all day?
- No. This program is created for BALANCE! Yes, the weekend days are long, but we give you lots of breaks and lots of variety. The days are a lovely mixing of active yoga, meditation, writing and processing, lecture, discussion, small group and partner work, creative exercises to help all of you engage in the learning process opportunities to build confidence and experience, and more! Plus, we want you to be HAPPY and HEALTHY. If you need and extra break, just take one.
- Do I have to know why I am taking the program to register?
- No. Some of our teacher training students come to the program with a specific goal (loose weight, learn about the charkas, prepare to teach women’s courses etc) But many students attend a TT course just because they feel called to or drawn to it for some reason. And many just love their regular Kundalini Yoga classes and want to know more. Whatever your reasons (or lack of reasons) this course will be powerful and transformational for you.
- Do we have to come to Sadhana?
- Yes - you are required to do at least five sadhana morning practices for certification. You may be surprised how powerful the group energy can be! It’s a beautiful and very sweet time of day we call the ambrosial hours.
- What is White Tantric and why do I have to do it?
- The White Tantric Yoga course is an essential component KYTT certification course. Graduates have reported that experiencing White Tantric Yoga helped them to grasp their unlimited potential for personal growth. This one-day meditation course is both challenging and uplifting. It raises us to the heights of our excellence and crystallizes our commitment to transformation. It is an experience unsurpassed for its power and ecstasy. You need to complete one day of WTY during the training course (up to 12 months after course completion).
- What can I do to prepare myself in the time before the program starts?
- We suggest starting (or keeping up) with a daily home practice of yoga and/or meditation and discussing/planning with your friends and family how best to support you through this process.
- Do I have to wear white and/ or a turban, stop eating meat, and/or give up my individuality to take teacher training?
- Definitely not. Wear/eat/say what makes you feel comfortable. All of the things mentioned above are choices some teachers make because of their technology/effect. Here is some more info about why you see this in Kundalini Yoga:
- White clothing: white is the color with the highest vibrational frequency. Since all the work we do in Kundalini Yoga is about raising our vibration, this is a SUPER easy way to get that process started.
- Turbans/Head coverings: During meditations/yoga we work to raise the Kundalini energy from the base of our spine up through the Chakra system. We want that energy to then move back down and activate/align our charkas rather than flowing out the top of our head. Covering your crown chakra (10th Gate) is the easiest way to facilitate this energy movement. Further, the way turbans are wrapped provides a gentle adjustment to the cranial bones. We suggest you try out some head coverings, you may like it more than you expect!
- Vegetarian: Many yogis choose not to eat meat because of their own ethical, moral, or energetic reasons. This is a personal choice. However, Yoga Santa Fe is a vegetarian space so please plan to bring your own food and potluck food without meat products for the TT weekends.
Yogi Bhajan says the first 20 days after doing White Tantric are to de-construct old habits and beliefs, and the second 20 days are to reconstruct new ones that align with who you are now.
About White Tantric Yoga ® and Meditation
Our minds release 1000 thoughts per wink of an eye. Some of these thoughts get lost in the unconscious, and some get stuck in the subconscious and affect the conscious mind. These thoughts become feelings, emotions, desires, multi-realities or fantasies. Instead of mastering our mind, often our mind and thoughts direct or distract us, which can result in impulsive decisions, poor communication and self-imposed stress.
White Tantric Yoga ® enables you to break through these subconscious blocks so you can have a more enjoyable life. In the shortest time, you can experience release from a lot of the burden you carry in your mind. When you see and act on each moment with clarity, you can gain a deeper understanding of yourself and your life can change. Your mind, body and soul can act together as one. This is the path to personal freedom and awareness and will bring more success to every area of your life.How it Works
Envision the energy of the universe as both parallel and perpendicular in nature like a cloth woven together. As a cloth becomes stronger when it is stretched on the diagonal, so the White Tantric Yoga ® diagonal or "Z-energy' is stronger. This energy, when directed by the Mahan Tantric, cuts through the blocks that are stuck in the subconscious mind.
Using the diagonal energy, the Mahan Tantric, Yogi Bhajan, connects his subtle body to the subtle bodies of the participants through the course facilitator. This works the same way as a worldwide telephone system that relies on satellites and electromagnetic energy in order to connect two parties.
White Tantric Yoga ® should not be confused with black or Red Tantric. Those forms of yoga also transform energy, but in a different way for different purposes. Black Tantric directs the energy to manipulate other human beings and Red Tantric directs the energy solely for sexual purposes.What to Expect
White Tantric Yoga ® is done in pairs and as a group meditation. You sit facing a partner and follow instructions for meditation given on video by the Mahan Tantric, Yogi Bhajan. A representative of the Mahan Tantric will be prsent to facilitate White Tantric Yoga ®. Each workshop consists of between six and eight kriyas. A kriya is a meditation incorporating one or all of the following:
- A yoga posture (asana)
- a breathing technique (pranayam)
- a mental focus and/or a mantra
- a hand position (mudra)
Sometimes the kriyas are accompanies by music. These kriyas vary in length up to sixty-two minutes. There are breaks in between each kriya. The enviornment is peaceful and the atmosphere is friendly, supportive and uplifting. A vegetarian lunch is provided.Testimonials"White Tantric Yoga ® brings me face to face with my essence, opens my heart to worlds that I could not feel, and to visions my eyes can't see." - GK, Cambridge, MA"White Tantric Yoga ® was amazing and profoundly affected me. I do indeed feel quite different, and amazing things, both subtle and grand, have continually been happening. My mind seems clearer and my elevated spirit is maintaining. My experience since that day has cemented my resolve to continue to make Kundalini Yoga and White Tantric Yoga ® a part of my life forever." - CM, New York City"There were so many stories about the intensity and lengths of the meditations, I had a lot of fear as to whether I would be able to keep up. It turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life. The group energy helped me through the challenges." - DM, Houma, LA"My experience at White Tantric Yoga ® was a day of complete bliss & inner peace. The 31 minute meditations seemed like 10 minutes. Approximately 2-3 minutes into each meditation while staring into my partner's eyes they turned SPARKLING BRIGHT green. Within a minute or two, I was able to see the entire room through her eyes. It was totally silent and so blissful!!!" - MMAbout the Mahan Tantric
Yogi Bhajan became Master of Kundalini Yoga® at the age of 16 in his native India. He came to the West in 1968. The authority to be the Mahan Tantric, Master of White Tantric Yoga®, was bestowed on him in 1970.
The practice of White Tantric Yoga®, as with most sacred Eastern wisdom, had previously been a tradition passed on from teacher to student in a mystical and selective way. As a pioneer of the Aquarian Age, Yogi Bhajan decided to open the experience of White Tantric Yoga® to anyone who wanted to commit to the discipline. In 1970 in Los Angeles, for the first time in history, White Tantric Yoga® was taught publicly.
Until 1986, Yogi Bhajan traveled throughout the world presenting as many as thirty workshops each year to thousands of students. In 1987, using his unique abilities as Master, together with modern technology, he began to present White Tantric Yoga®as a video-taped series. He said the videos would continue to have the same effect when he was no longer in his physical body. This has proven true, and in fact since his passing from his physical body in October, 2004, thousands of students have confirmed that their Tantric experience is one of being in his presence.Who Can Participate
There are no prerequisites for participating in White Tantric Yoga ®. Beginners will tune into their internal energies and enjoy a deep and sometimes challenging meditative experience. More advanced meditation practitioners will deepen their experience and make new inroads to their spiritual awareness.How to Prepare & What to Bring
- Come to the workshop ready to meditate, having done some yoga or stretching exercises.
- Wear loose, comfortable white clothing. White combines all the colors and enhances your magnetic field and auric strength.
- Wear a white cotton head covering which FULLY covers the head and will stay on securely during the kriyas.
- Please bring a blanket or sheepskin to sit on and a light blanket to cover yourself with during relaxation periods.
- White Tantric Yoga ® is a cleansing process. Water will be provided during the day or you may bring your own.
- Bring only essential personal items. Space between the lines is limited.
- No photography or videography
- Turn cell phones off